Friday, December 2, 2011

I'd follow him with no problem, just as long as he didn't turn around. He's so intriguing. Something draws me to him; I just can't turn away. He traps me, paralyzes me in my own curiosity.
I don't know why I feel the need to follow him. I know the moment will come when he'll turn around. I know that moment well. In that moment my curiosity will turn to terror. My paralysis won't shatter; no, that would be too convenient.
We'll sit there and stare at each other until I work up the courage to walk away. Walk, because that's all I will need to do. Sure, he'll run, and sure, he has four times as many legs as I do... But as afraid of him as I am, he's only a spider... Right?

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. At first when I was reading it I had absolutely no idea what it was about. It kept me interested and wondering as to what your fear was. I too have a small fear of spiders. I really enjoyed the way that you described your fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this was really impressive! You honestly sound like one of the professional writers we would be studying in school. The post was almost poetic and rather than speaking directly to the prompt you addressed it almost indirectly which I loved. I'm not sure what I am trying to say but I really enjoyed reading this blog post. (It's my favorite so far!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the ending of this! I really can relate to everything you said and it was very entertaining to read this. I really don't like spiders so I usually run away from them as well, even though we really don't need to by any means!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I really had no idea that you were talking about a spider! I really like this post! It's so unique and interesting. I agree with Emily, you sound very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool post! It had me hooked from the first few sentences. I had no idea you were talking about a spider until the end and I think it was better that way! It kept me questioning, wondering what was happening. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete